Your iPhone or iPad may contain plenty of important documents, videos, or the photos you have captured with your loved ones. As you know, the future is always uncertain, you might end up losing your phone or you might accidentally drop the device and it may stop working as soon as it hits the ground. Therefore, it’s always advised to Backup your data to iTunes in order to avoid losing access to your files in such situations.
Sometimes, your iPhone or iPad might encounter a technical issue, making it difficult for the user to access the files stored on its memory. By default, iPhones are set to back up your data to iCloud, but you can change it to iTunes if you want to take local iTunes backup. In this tutorial, you will learn how to back up your data to iTunes in just a few simple steps.
How To Backup Your Data To iTunes
iTunes backups take very little time to be restored compared to iCloud backups. Of course, iCloud backups are still useful since they are always up to date, but if you were to buy a new device, then taking an iTunes backup is ideal.
The steps that you need to follow are mentioned below:
- Go ahead and install the iTunes app(Official site) if you’re using Windows. (It comes preinstalled on Mac)
- Now connect your iPhone to the PC using the lighting to USB cable.
- iTunes might take a few seconds to detect your iPhone, so you might have to wait for a few seconds.
- Once the device is detected in iTunes, click on the “Continue” option in iTunes.
- Now unlock your iPhone and click on the “Trust” option when prompted on your screen.
- On the top left corner in iTunes, you will have to click on the small phone-like icon to start.
- Navigate to the “Summary” option located on the left side of iTunes to proceed further.
- Select the “Encrypt Phone Backup” option in the right if you want the back up to be password protected.
- Now set a password for your backup and click on the “Set Password” option to proceed.
- iTunes will now begin creating a backup of your device’s data, which may take a while to finish.
To confirm whether the backup is successful or not, check under the “Latest Backups” heading in the right portion of iTunes. You will find the recently created backup over there.
How To Restore iTunes Backup
Restoring an iTunes backup on your newly purchased iPhone or iPad is as easy as taking the backup. In case if you’re unable to figure out the restoration process, then here are the steps to help you with the same. However, make sure to turn OFF “Find My iPhone” on your iPhone or iPad before restoring an iTunes backup.
- Firstly, connect your iPhone or iPad using the lightning to USB cable and wait for a few seconds.
- Launch the iTunes app on your PC and click on the “Continue” option in iTunes.
- If the computer isn’t already trusted, you need to unlock your iPhone or iPad and hit the “Trust” option.
- After the connection is detected in iTunes, Go to the Summary option on the left corner of your screen.
- Click on the “Restore Backup” option to start the restoration process on your iPhone or iPad.
Please keep in mind that iTunes backups are stored on your computer, so, you will have to use the same computer that you have used for creating backups to restore. Within a few minutes, the restoration will be completed and you will be notified of the same in iTunes.
- How To Make Group FaceTime Calls on iPhones and iPads
- How To Share iCloud Folders on iPhone,iPad&Mac?
iTunes provides an easier way to back up your device’s data and restore them whenever you want with ease. Also, the restoration process is faster than iCloud’s restoration process. The best part about iTunes is that it is available for Windows-based computers and laptops.
Go ahead and follow the above-mentioned steps to create iTunes backup of your device. Let us know if you need any help with the process.