Factory Reset iPhone: It’s important to factory your iPhone if you’re planning to sell it or take it to the service center for repair. It doesn’t matter whether your iPhone has started behaving strangely, or if you want to have a fresh start, you’ll have to perform a complete reset of your device. Generally, you won’t feel the need to reset an iPhone, but you never know what could happen or go wrong with your device. Resetting an iPhone basically means going back in time where you bought the device and start all over freshly.
Many people consider resetting an iPhone as a last resort in extreme situations and there are multiple ways to do so. Today, in this article, you’ll learn how to reset your iPhone in three different ways. Let’s go ahead and start off the guide without wasting any further time.
Factory Reset iPhone
Soft Reset is basically rebooting your device when it’s still in a responsive state and you would like to restart it quickly. It’s always recommended to perform a soft reset first before going to the factory reset and see if it works. You can try performing a soft reset or a complete reboot (whatever you may want to call it) in cases where certain apps turn out to be buggy or if your screen has frozen.
- Take your iPhone and press either the side button or the volume button,
- Hold down the button for a few seconds and a slider would appear on your screen.
- Now drag the slider and wait for some time for the device to turn OFF completely.
In order to turn ON your iPhone, simply hold the side button located on the right side until the Apple logo appears on your screen. If you’re experiencing issues like delay in response, apps becoming buggy, etc, then you may want to soft reset your iPhone.
How To Hard Reset Your iPhone
To explain it in simpler terms, a Hard reset is basically forcing your device to restart. In certain situations, you might notice that your device has become unresponsive or it just doesn’t turn ON even after multiple attempts. This is where you should be performing a hard reset on your iPhone. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to perform a hard reset on your device.
- First, you need to press the Volume up button and release it right away. (No need to hold)
- Next, press the Volume Button and release it immediately, again, you don’t have to hold.
- Now you need to press and hold down the side button for a couple of seconds.
- Wait for the Apple logo to appear on your screen before releasing the side button.
- You’ll have a complete hard reset as soon as your iPhone Turns back ON.
You can try this method without having to worry about losing your data, you’re just forcing the device to turn ON. In case, if you need a more serious reset, then try the following method.
Also Check : How to Enable Night Shift mode on Mac
iPhone Factory Reset
A factory reset is the last thing you should be doing on your iPhone, although, there are no risks associated with it. After performing a factory reset, your device will lose all the settings and whatever data that you may have stored on it. Furthermore, it will also revamp and reset the system to the original.
Make sure to back up your data and settings to iCloud if the device is still responding. A factory reset will completely wipe your device’s data, accounts, the info stored on it, etc, making it look like a new device. The steps to factory reset an iPhone are mentioned below.
- First of all, Go to the Settings menu of your iPhone to begin.
- Open up the “General” option in the settings and select the “Reset” option.
- On the next screen, you need to select the “Erase All Content And Settings” option.
- Confirm the action by entering your Apple ID, Touch ID or passcode and tap on the “Erase” option.
- Now simply wait for a few minutes for the process to be completed on your device.
Note:- Factory reset your iPhone only when you’ve decided to sell the device or if you want to a fresh start
How To Back Up Your Data Before Factory Reset
Some of you may have important documents, videos, photos, or documents stored on your device that you do not want to lose. Well, you can’t avoid or space from performing a factory reset on your iPhone, but you can always backup your data and restore it back whenever you want. In order to back up your data, simply follow these steps on your iPhone.
- Start by going into the Settings menu of your iPhone.
- Tap on your iCloud account name in the settings to proceed further.
- Choose the items that you want to back up such as Photos, Contacts, files, etc.
- After selecting the required options, select the “iCloud Backup” on the next screen and enable it.
- Now Tap on the “Backup Now” option on the same screen and wait for the process to complete.
Please keep in mind that your device should have Internet connectivity in order to back up the data, and it may take a while for the process to complete depending on the size of the data. Once the data has backed up, you can perform a factory reset and restore the back up to get back your photos, videos, contacts, etc.
Well, that’s pretty much all you’ve got to share in this article, hopefully, the information shared in this article will help you out in performing a hard reset on your iPhone. Once again, there are no issues with factory resetting your iPhone, however, we’d suggest you try it lightly and only when it’s necessary. Let us know if you need help with anything else or have any doubts to be cleared in the comment section.
Leave a Reply