Optimize your Mac Using CleanMyMac: Macbooks are generally known for their superior and smooth performance, that’s the reason a lot of people would prefer to have a Mac over Windows. But, that doesn’t mean that Macbooks are free from issues, eventually, the performance would drop significantly. Well, one of the most common reasons is the invisible junk that takes away a large chunk of your storage space. As a user, you will have to perform a bit of maintenance from time to time in order to keep your Mac from slowing down.
You may not realize it but junk files can occupy an enormous amount of storage on your Mac and it keeps on increasing. Therefore, it’s advised to clean your Mac periodically and free up the storage space to keep your Mac in the best condition. In this article, we’re going to help in cleaning up your Mac.
Optimize your Mac Using CleanMyMac & Other Ways
First diving into the process, it’s best if you figure out what kind of files are occupying the most of your storage space. Some of you may have plenty of media files such as videos, photos, music, etc stored up, which could be the reason why your Mac is running slow. Apart from the media content, there are a lot of other things that can eat up your storage space such as cache, temporary files, etc.
Go ahead and perform the steps mentioned in the following sections in order to clean your Mac.
Clear Cache From Your Mac
Cache files can occupy a large amount of storage space over a period of time, therefore, it’s recommended to always clear the cache files to free up some space on your Mac. Perform the below-mentioned steps to manually clear cache files from your Mac.
- First of all, Open up the Finder app on your Mac to begin.
- Now press the Cmd+Shift+G button all the same time on your keyboard.
- Next, type ‘ ~/Library ” in the search field and hit the enter button top open up library folder.
- Select the “Cache” folder from the list on the next screen to proceed further.
- Clear all the files that are in the Cache folder to free up some space on your storage.
This way, you can clear the cache and leftover files from your Mac and save a lot of storage space. Make sure to perform this from time to time to keep your storage space clear from junk.
Remove Disk Images From Downloads Folder
Usually, people download a wide range of applications and software on their Mac from the Internet. The setup files that stored in the Downloads folder are required for the installation. After that, you no longer need those setup files or disk images. But, most of us forget to clear your those which could take up space in your storage.
- Once again, open up the Finder app on your Mac to get started.
- Navigate to the “Downloads” folder by selecting the appropriate options.
- Go to the search field and type in “Disk Images” and hit the enter button.
- On the next screen, you will find dozens of setup files in .iso and .dmg format.
- Select the aforementioned file formats and delete them permanently.
Uninstall Unnecessary Applications
Users download and install plenty of utility applications, software, tools, etc on their Mac from time to time. There’s no problem with that, however, it’s better to uninstall the applications that you do not use, otherwise, they’re just going to take up your space which could result in performance issues on your Mac.
If your Mac is running slow or unable to keep up the performance, there’s a good chance that you have installed too many applications. It’s time to do a bit of maintenance and review the applications that you really need and remove the ones you don’t need. Also, make sure to reduce the number of apps that run in the background when you boot up your Mac.
Use CleanMyMac Software
Sometimes, cleaning your Mac could be very tiresome and time-consuming work, but you cannot skip it, otherwise, the junk files will end up eating all of your storage space. If you don’t wish to spend your next few hours cleaning your Mac, then here’s an amazing application called “Clean My Mac” which will automatically clear all the junk files from your Mac and keep it running smoothly.
Clean My Mac is a free application that comes with a plethora of features to save time and energy. The software itself will take care of all the cleaning work with just one click, you simply need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Go ahead and download the CleanMyMac app for free from the official site.
- Open up the setup file and perform the instructions to complete the installation.
- Now launch the Clean My Mac and wait for the initial setup to complete.
- Go to the Junk option in the app and click on the “Scan” option to proceed.
- Once the scan is complete, simply select the “Clean” option to remove the junk, that’s all!
The app will automatically locate all the junk, residual, and leftover files on your Mac and remove them with just one click. It’s recommended to scan your Mac using the CleanMyMac to keep your Mac free from junk and unnecessary files.
Well, this is where we’ll be putting an end to this article. Make sure not to mess up with system files or delete them, otherwise, you might end up running into issues. In case if you’re not sure what you’re doing, then try the CleanMyMac software in order to perform automatic cleaning of junk from your Mac. For any further queries or doubts, you may use the comment section to reach out to us.
Leave a Reply