Uninstall Applications On Mac: Have you recently switched from Windows to Mac ? are you confused with installing or uninstalling apps on your newly purchased Mac book ?, well, this is exactly why we are here. This article will help you with installing and uninstalling apps from your Mac and iPad. Let’s go ahead and start off the guide without wasting any more time.
How To Install / Uninstall Applications On Mac OS
Installing and uninstalling applications, software, tools, etc are quite easy to remove on Mac in comparison to Windows. In addition to this, there are multiple ways to install your favorite applications and tools with ease. On the other hand, most of the apps can be easily uninstalled on your Mac simply by selecting and dragging the app’s icon to Trash. However, in some cases, certain apps store their files in different locations or folders, and locating such files can take some serious work.
Methods to Install Applications/apps On Mac
There are mainly two ways you can install an app on Mac, it’s either from Apple’s App Store or from third party sites on the Internet. The former one is fairly easy to learn, while the latter could be a bit hectic for new users. Let’s start with the App Store installation method.
Apps Installation From App Store On Mac
- Locate the “App Store” icon in your dock or in the Finder app and open it up.
- Search for your favorite App and Game in the App Store by entering its name.
- Now select the app that you wish to install to open up its description page.
- On the description page. Click on the “Get” option to start installing the app.
- That’s all, the app would be automatically installed on your Mac once the download is complete.
Install Apps From Third Party Sites
There’s a good number of apps that aren’t available in Apple’s App Store, therefore, you will have to download their setup files manually from third party websites on the Internet. Usually, the installation files of applications and tools on Mac are provided in .dmg file format. Once you have downloaded the .dmg file of an app or software, follow these steps to install it.
- Make sure to first extract the .dmg file of the app or software from the zip folder on your Mac.
- Once the file is successfully extracted, you will be asked to drop the app in the application folder.
- Simply drag the app and drop it in the application folder as instructed on your screen to begin the installation.
- It may take a few seconds for the app to be installed on your Mac, so be patient until the process is complete.
The selected application has now been installed and ready to launch. You can launch the application and start using it on your Mac without any hassle.
Also Check : How to Free Up Disk Space On Mac Hard drive
Uninstall Applications On Mac
Again, there are two different ways to install an application or software from your Mac. You can go with any method as per your convenience.
From the App Store
- Open up the App Store from the Dock on your Mac.
- Click on the “Apple ID” shown on the bottom left side to proceed further.
- Now you will see the list of apps that are currently installed on your Mac.
- Select the app that you wish to uninstall from the list and click on the three dots to open up the menu.
- Click on the “Move To Trash” option in the drop-down menu to uninstall the selected app.
Manual way to Uninstall Applications On Mac
If you don’t wish to open up the app store and follow the steps to uninstall an app, then you can follow the below-mentioned steps.
- At first, you need to click on the “LaunchPad” icon located in your dock.
- In the launchpad, select the app that you want to uninstall from your Mac.
- Drag the selected application and drop it in the “Trash” icon on your screen.
- If prompted, confirm the action to uninstall the app by selecting the “Delete” option.
- Done! The app will now be removed from your Mac within a few seconds.
Guide to Install Apps On iPad
Installing an app or game on the iPad is just as easy as installing it on an Android device. Go ahead with the following steps to quickly install an app on your iPad.
- Go to the home screen of your iPad and click on the “App Store” icon.
- Select the search option located on the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Enter the name of the app or game that you wish to install in the search box.
- Choose the app or game that you want to install from the search results.
- Tap on the ‘Get” option on the desctrpn page to automatically install free apps.
- For paid apps, you need to first make the payment to see the “Get” option.
This way, you can install any app or game from Apple App Store on your iPad and start using it.
How To Uninstall Apps On iPad
Well, installing apps on an iPad is fairly simple, but removing them, on the other hand, is even easier and simpler than you think. Here is the fastest method to uninstall an app or game from your iPad.
- First of all, Go to the home screen of your iPad.
- Select your desired app or game in the list of applications.
- Tap and hold the icon of the selected app or game for a few seconds.
- Now all the apps and games on the screen will start wiggling and will be marked with the “X” option.
- Select the app that you wish to remove and tap on its “X” mark to uninstall it.
- Confirm the action by selecting the “Delete” option in the prompt, that’s it!
These were the steps that you need to follow in order to remove any application/software/game from your Mac and iPad. Sometimes, you need to go with extreme measures in order to completely remove the files of an application on your Mac. Let us know in the comment section if the above-mentioned steps helped you.