FaceTime is an exclusive app limited to iOS devices such as iPhones, iPad, and Mac computers. It allows users to connect and interact with other users through video calls. Initially, FaceTime was pretty much limited and restricted to one on one calls, meaning, only two people can participate in a video call. However, that restriction has been lived and now you can add several people to your video call with just one tap. Therefore, we’ve come up with this guide on how to make group Facetime calls on iPhone,iPad, and Mac.
In the latest version of FaceTime, you can add up to 31 people into your video call. So, basically, the group FaceTime feature allows up to 32 people to participate and engage in a video conferencing call with ease. Group video calling on FaceTime is quite simple and easy to do, however, some of you may not be aware of the steps to follow.
How To Make Group FaceTime Calls on iPhones and iPads
Well, there are a couple of requirements to follow in order to make group FaceTime calls on iPhone and iPad. Without the following requirements, you won’t be able to initiate group video conferencing calls on FaceTime. Make sure to take care of the following things before jumping into the process.
- Group FaceTime feature requires iOS version 12.1 or higher to be installed.
- Stable Internet Connection to make and join the video conference call.
- macOS Mojave 10.14.1 or higher needs to be installed if you’re using a Mac computer.
You may go ahead and perform the below-mentioned steps to make group FaceTime calls.
- Open up the FaceTime app on your iPhone or iPad to get started.
- Tap on the (+) symbol located in the top right corner of your screen to proceed.
- On the next screen, you need to enter the number or name of the people you wish to call.
[Note:- As of now, you can add up to 31 people to the call]
- Now select whether you want to initiate a video or audio call on the next screen to begin the call.
- Upon selecting the option, the call will be placed and all the participants will be able to engage in the call without any hassle.
Note:- As you may already know, FaceTime is exclusive to iOS devices only. People who are using Android devices cannot use FaceTime for making group video or audio calls.
How To Make Group FaceTime Calls on Mac
Group FaceTime feature is also available on Mac computers and laptops. The steps mentioned in the above tutorial were for iPad and iPhones. The steps to make Group FaceTime calls on Mac-based computers are as follows.
- The first thing is you have to do is obviously launch the FaceTime app on your Mac.
- In the upper left corner of your screen, you will find the box that says “Enter a name or number or email”.
- In the box, you will have to enter the name or phone or email address of the people you wish to add to the call.
- Upon entering the person’s name, relevant results will show up right below from which you have to select.
- After selecting the people, you have to click on the Call option located down below to place the call.
For making audio calls, you need to select the “Audio” option and for video calls, you will have to select the “Video” option on the final screen. Within a few seconds, your call will be placed and you can start interacting with the participants.
Well, that brings an end to this article, however, you need to remember that all the recipients or invited members in the video call. You should be having compatible iOS versions or Mac versions installed on their devices to make the call.
In case if you need any further help with the process or stuck anywhere in the process, let us know in the comments below.