Apple had announced the iCloud folder sharing feature last year in the month of December, and since then, fans have been waiting for the feature to come out officially. The feature to Share iCloud folders on iPhones and iPad has finally arrived in the recent iOS version rollout. The feature allows users to share iCloud folders and several people can access it at the same time.
In addition to this, you can also give permission to others for making changes in the group such as add files, change files, or delete files from the shared folder. The feature has already arrived but most of the users aren’t aware of the folder of sharing iCloud folders on iPhones and iPad. So, we’ve decided to come up with a tutorial on how to easily share the iCloud folder on iPad, iPhones, and Mac computers as well.
How To Share iCloud Folders on iPhones and iPads
The shared iCloud folder can be accessed by several people at once and will be able to modify the files available in the folder depending on whether you have given the permission. Here are the steps that you need to perform in order to share your desired iCloud folder with your friends and family.
- First of all, ensure that your iPhone or iPad is running on iOS version 13.4 or higher.
- Now open up the Files Manager app on your device to start the process.
- Choose the iCloud drive option on the next to proceed further in the process.
- Select a file in your iCloud drive that you wish to share and long-press it to open up the Options menu.
- Tap on the “Share” option in the menu and select the way you want to share the folder.
Note:- You will be shown plenty of ways to share the iCloud folder, sharing options include Mail, Message, WhatsApp, etc.
By default, people who have received your iCloud folder link will only be able to access and view the files in it. In order to enable editing option, you need to add people to the list and enable the permission to modify the files. Keep in mind that only people whom you have invited and people who have received your iCloud folder ink will be able to access it.
How To Share iCloud Folders On Mac
The long-awaited iCloud sharing feature has finally arrived in the macOS Catalina 13.4 version. Now you can share your desired iCloud folder with other people and allow them to either view the files or modify them. Make sure to follow the below-mentioned steps if you want to share your iCloud folders with others on Mac computers.
- Start off by launching the Finder app on your Mac computer or laptop.
- Navigate to the iCloud drive option which will be located in the left sidebar in the Finder app.
- Upon opening your iCloud drive, choose the file that you wish to share on the next screen.
- Now select the file (don’t open it) and click on the share option located at the top of Finder.
- You will be shown options such as AirDrop, Mail, Message, etc to share the selected iCloud folder.
You can also decide the people who can view and who can modify or edit the files in the shared iCloud folder.
Checkout: If you want to know about latest posts then visit our Homepage
The iCloud folder sharing feature is quite useful in times where you have to share multiple files with several people. It simplifies the entire process of sharing files with a large number of audiences. The best part about the iCloud folder sharing feature is that you can even add people later after sharing the folder.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned information and steps would turn out to be helpful for a lot of people. Let us know if you need any further help.