Netflix is probably the most popular and favored streaming service available in today’s date, with over 100 million subscribers globally and the numbers grow consistently every year. Netflix is a subscription-based streaming service that allows users to download their desired TV shows and Movies from the platform on their device, which can be watched later without internet connectivity.
Well, it’s quite easy to Download Movies and TV shows from Netflix on iPhones, iPad. However, there’s no such option available for Mac users at the moment. It’s because Netflix hasn’t released a dedicated app for Mac platform, therefore, it’s not possible to download movies from Netflix on Mac. However, there are a few workarounds that you can try if you still want to do it on your Mac. In this article, you will learn how to download and save movies from Netflix to watch later on your Mac.
How To Download Movies On Mac
Since there is no Official Netflix app available for Mac users, it’s quite difficult to download Movies or TV shows from the platform on your device. But, still, with the help of screen recording software, you can basically save Movies and TV shows from Netflix on your Mac and watch them later.
Well, there is plenty of screen recording apps available in the market, such as Snagit, ScreenFlow, Camtasia, etc. You’re free to any screen recording app as per your convenience, but we’d suggest using the Snagit Screen Recording app for this method since it’s robust and produces good quality recordings.
Steps to Download movies on Mac:
- Go to the Official Website of the Snagit App using the Safari browser on your Mac computer or laptop.
- Select the Mac Download option on the web page to start downloading the Snagit App for your Mac.
- After successful download, open the isolation file and follow the on-screen steps to finish the installation,
- Now launch the Snagit screen recording app and click on the red-colored “Capture” button to begin.
- After the screen recording has begun, use the Safari Browser and go to Netflix site to proceed.
- Log in to your Netflix account and start playing your favorite movie or TV show on the platform.
- That’s all, the screen recording app running in the background will start capturing your screen.
Once the recording of the selected movie or TV show is completed, you can go to the drive to find the recording and watch it later. This way you will be able to record and save basically any Movie or TV show that is available on the Netflix platform.
The process may seem tiresome, however, it’s probably the only way to save Movies and TV shows on Mac from Netflix. As mentioned earlier, there is no Netflix App for Mac available, therefore, screen recording is the most efficient way to save movies on your Mac.
Also, check out:
Is It Possible To Download Netflix On Mac?
If you have a Netflix subscription and would like to watch movies and TV shows on your Mac, then you will have to use the Netflix website. Simply follow the below-mentioned steps and you’re all set!
- Launch the Safari Browser or your preferred web browser on your Mac to begin.
- Visit the official Netflix website and click on the “login” option on the web page.
- Now enter your account credentials in the respective spaces such as email and password.
- Click on the “Login” option on the web page and wait for the page to load up.
- After successful login, you just have to select what you want to watch and start playing it.
A lot of people Netflix users have been asking for an official release for Mac, however, so far, there hasn’t been any confirmation from Netflix in this regard. So, basically, as of now, the answer is No, unfortunately, you cannot download and install the Netflix app on your Mac since it’s not available.
Netflix is definitely the most preferred streaming service in many countries due to its vast library of Movies, TV shows, and Originals. Unfortunately, the platform doesn’t have a dedicated app for Mac users, then only you can watch Netflix on Mac is by visiting the site of Netflix.
Rest, if you want to download and save Movies from Netflix on your Mac, then follow these steps mentioned in the article.