Unfortunately, Macbooks aren’t free from problems, oftentimes, you might find your Mac wouldn’t turn on at all. In some cases, your Macbook might not even respond to the power button no matter how hard you press it or how many times you press it. Sometimes, the macOS installed on your computer or laptop fails to start up properly and there could be a lot of reasons behind it. Likewise, you might face the same with your iPhone as well in certain situations. In this article, you will learn what to do when your iPhone or Macbook won’t turn on?.
The solution to fix such issues with your iPhone and Mac could be a piece of cake or difficult depending on the cause of the problem. But, for the most part, performing a few simple steps can get your iPhone and Mac out of trouble. In case if the problem still persists even after following the below-mentioned steps, then perhaps, you need to visit the Service center to get the issue fixed.
How To Fix Mac Won’t Turn On Issue
Most of the time people don’t really pay attention to tiny details and end up running into issues. But, luckily, Macbooks are repairable and minor issues can be resolved in just a few simple steps. Go through the following list of things, it’ll help in fixing the problem.
- Sometimes, it’s possible that you might have incorrectly plugged your Mac charging adapter into the power source.
- So, the first thing you should be doing is to make sure the power cable is properly plugged into the power source.
- Furthermore, you can also try changing the power cable or the adapter that you’re using to charge your device.
- Also, there’s a good amount of chance that your charger might have been damaged and you’re yet to notice it.
- Unplug the charger and check if there’s anything wrong with it. Also, it’s advised to wait for a few minutes before turning on the Mac after the charger is plugged in.
Try Power Cycle
If you don’t see any signs of your Mac turning on despite making multiple attempts, then you could perform a power cycle in order to fix the issue. In order to perform a power cycle on Mac, you can follow these steps.
- Locate the power button on your Macbook first.
- Long press the Power button for 10 seconds.
- You’ll hear a short, high pitched, squeak sound which indicates the power has been forcefully cut.
- Now wait for another few seconds and try to turn on your Mac.
Hopefully, after performing a power cycle, your Mac will return to normal and function as it’s supposed.
Hard reset to restart MacBook
In a Simple way as shown in the above fig just hold down Shift+Control+Alt+PowerButton.
How To Fix iPhone Won’t Turn On Issue
You might have to buy a new iPhone in case the problem with your current device is bad enough. However, you could try a few things to see if the issue gets resolved.
Charge Your iPhone For 30 Minutes
It’s obvious that your iPhone should have enough juice in it to turn on. So, the first thing we’d suggest doing is to plug in your iPhone into a wall charger using the original power cable and adapter. Let the device charge for at least 30 minutes, during the process, the device might turn on its own automatically.
If it doesn’t, remove the charger after 30 mins and hold the power button to manually turn on the device. This sounds like a basic solution, but it does the work for the most part. Go ahead and give it a try, if the problem doesn’t go away, try out the next solution.
Hard Reset Your iPhone
If your device doesn’t turn ON even after multiple restarts, then you could try hard resetting your device to fix the issue. The steps to hard reset an iPhone are as follows:-
- Press the Volume Up button of your iPhone. (Release the button immediately)
- Now press the Volume Down button and release it quickly.
- Finally, long hold for the side button of your iPhone for a few seconds.
- Within a few seconds, the Apple logo would appear on your screen.
- When the Apple logo shows up, let go of the buttons and wait for the device to start.
Sometimes it may take a few minutes for the device to boot up after the Apple logo pops up.
Checkout: How to Free Up Disk Space On Mac Hard drive
In case if the problem with your Macbook or iPhone doesn’t go away even after trying all the above-mentioned steps, then your might have been severely damaged and needs to be repaired at an authorized service center.
But, make sure to try the aforementioned solutions first before rushing into a service center. Let us know if you need help with any issues that you might be facing with your devices.
Leave a Reply