Amid the pandemic crisis, most of the people have started working from home and some of you might have online meetings to attend. Many people might not be aware of this but you can actually use your iPhone or iPad as a webcam to perform tasks like video conferencing, virtual meetings, video calls, etc. There are quite a lot of third-party apps available in the market that will turn your iPhone or iPad into a webcam.
Well, you don’t have to go out to the market and buy a separate webcam just for attending online meetings, interviews, classes, and stuff. It’s totally fine if your laptop doesn’t have a good quality web camera as long as you have your iPhone or iPad with you. In this article, you will learn how to convert your iPhone or iPad device into a webcam for your PC or laptop.
Use Your iPhone or iPad As Webcam
As said in the earlier part of the article, there are tons of apps available that will help you in turning your iPhone or iPad into a webcam. However, the process of setting up your iPhone or iPad as a webcam could be tricky for most people, especially if you’re not familiar with the technical stuff.
In order to make it simpler for you, we’ve come with a step by step guide that will show you how to set up and use your iPhone or iPad device as a webcam for attending video conferences, meetings, etc. For this task, we’ll be relying on EpocCam Webcam app which is easy to use and provides high-quality video recording.
Before jumping into the process straight up, there are certain requirements that you need to take care of. Make sure the following requirements are met, otherwise, this method wouldn’t work.
- An iOS device such as iPhone or iPad running on iOS version or 10.3 or later.
- Your computer or laptop should be running on Windows version 7 or higher,
- Or, MacOS 10.12 or higher if you have a Macbook.
- A Stable Wifi network or standard USB cable.
After ensuring the above mentioned requirements, you’re all set to follow the rest of the steps to convert your iPhone or iPad into a Webcam.
Here are the steps that you need to follow carefully:-
- Firstly, Setup a Wifi Network, connect your iPhone and Macbook to the same Wifi Network.
- Now open up the App Store on your iOS device and search for “EpocCam Webcam” app.
- Tap on the official “EpocCam Webcam” app in the results and install it on your iOS device to proceed.
- Now you need to download the “EpocCam” drivers on your Mac/ Computer to finish the setup.
- Upon launching the EpocCam Webcam app on your iPhone, you will see a black screen with a phone icon.
- Now Open up the EpocCam Viewer app on your Mac or Windows and wait for a few seconds.
- Within a few seconds, your iPhone will automatically detect the app running on your Mac or Windows and it will instantly establish the connection.
Once the connection between your iPhone and Mac or computer is established, and your smartphone will start broadcasting the image. Now you just have to set your video input to EpocCam on the app you’re using for video conferencing and online meetings.
Additional Info:- You can also connect your iPhone to your Mac using a standard USB cable if you don’t have a stable Wifi network. After connecting with a USB cable, the remaining steps are the same as above mentioned.
EpocCam WebCam app is available for free to download and use for personal use with certain limitations or restrictions. If you need a professional version, then you will have to purchase the premium version of the app in order to unlock all the features. The app is really simple to use and it works flawlessly for both iOS and Android devices.