Malware or Adware on Mac-based computers and laptops are actually quite rare, but they do exist. You’re in delusion if you think Macs cannot be infected with Malware or Viruses. The malware that exists nowadays can bombard your Mac with ads and can also spy on your web browsing activity. Make sure to stick with the article until the end to know everything about Malware and How to Protect and Remove Malware and Adware From Mac.
If you do not remove them immediately, then if you’re being redirected to unknown and suspicious sites or if the homepage of your web browser has been changed without your knowledge, chances are, you must have malware or adware installed on your Mac. But, the good news is that you can actually get rid of whatever malware or adware that is installed on your Mac.
How to Remove Malware and Adware From Mac
Well, you can’t actually remove the Malware or Adware by yourself simply by searching the folders on your Mac. In fact, you will need powerful anti-malware software that can detect and eliminate adware and malware from your Mac computer.
In the market, there are tons of so-called “Anti-virus or Anti-malware” apps or programs available that claim to provide a full security fix for your Mac. Unfortunately, some of them do not live up to their claims, while the remaining ones are probably outdated.
There are only a few apps available in the market that are actually capable of eliminating malware and adware and safeguarding your Mac from all kinds of threats. Malwarebytes is one such application that we’d recommend our readers to install on their Mac computers.
Recommended: Easy Tips and Tricks To Protect Mac From Malware
In order to install the Malwarebytes on your Mac, you can simply follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to the official website of Malwarebytes using the Safari web browser on your Mac.
- Download the program installer file from the web page by selecting appropriate options.
- Navigate to your Mac downloads folder and run the installer file to begin the process.
- Click on the “Continue” option wherever prompted on your screen to proceed further in the process.
- Accept the “Terms and Conditions” by checking the space to begin the installation
- Malwarebytes will now begin to install, which should be completed within a few minutes.
After the successful installation of the Malwarebytes program, you can go ahead and follow these steps to remove malware and adware from your Mac.
- Look for the “Malwarebytes” app using the search option and open it up.
- Grant the admin permission if prompted for the app to run on your Mac.
- Upon successful launch, you will find the “Scan Now” option on the home screen itself.
- Click on the “Scan Now” option and wait for the scanning process to complete.
- After scanning, the app will show if there are any malware or threats installed on your Mac.
On the results, you will find the details of the threat or malware or adware that is installed on your Mac. You can either choose to terminate the threat or quarantine it for the time being. Malwarebytes is available for free to download. However, there’s also a premium version that you can purchase in order to unlock full features of the program on your Mac.
How To Protect Mac From Malware and Adware
As the saying goes, precaution is always better than a cure. Likewise, it’s better to be cautious when you’re browsing the web and install the apps that you trust. Also, make sure to update your macOS to the latest version and do not delay the updates.
In addition to this, we’d recommend users not to visit or browser suspicious sites and use Web browsers like Google Chrome, Safari Browser, Mozilla Firefox. For the most part, malware or adware sneak into your system when you visit suspicious sites or install pirated apps on your Mac.
Malwarebytes is definitely worth purchasing if you want total protection for your Mac computer or laptop. It’s probably the easiest way to check if your Mac is infected with a virus and useful in removing it.
Of course, there are other anti-virus apps available, however, we believe Malwarebytes is the most reliable option at present. Go ahead and give a try, let us know what you think in the comment section below.