How To Customize Mouse Tracking Speed On Mac: Mac offers plenty of customization options in order to improve the user experience on their systems. People do not really care to look into the Mouse settings, as the default settings are good enough for most people. There’s a good chance that you may not have heard of this, but you can actually customize your mouse cursor and other things like cursor color, tracking speed, animations, etc.
The best part is that you don’t have to rely on a third-party application to do all these things. Fortunately, Mac comes with built-in options that let you customize your Mouse cursor the way you want without any hassle. However, the process of customizing a mouse cursor could be a little difficult for a novice. Using our below-mentioned guide, you can quickly change your mouse cursor and customize it however you want with ease.
How To Customize Mouse Tracking Speed On Mac
If you’re looking for a way to change your mouse’s tracking speed, then you may go ahead and perform the following steps on your Mac. Moreover, you can always revert back to the default settings if you don’t like the new settings on your Mac without any issue.
- Go ahead and click on the Apple logo icon located in the top left corner of your screen.
- In the drop-down menu, select, and open up the System Preferences option.
- Select the “Accessibility” option on the next screen to proceed further.
- Click on the Mouse option in the Accessibility window to begin the process
- Choose the “Point and Click” option located on the top of the window.
- Select the Tracking speed slider and increase or decrease as you want.
- After setting your preferred tracking speed, you may close the window to save changes.
Additional info:- The faster the tracking speed slider you have set, the slower you need to move the mouse. Likewise, the slower the tracking speed, the more physical movement you need in order to move the mouse cursor.
How To Change Mouse Cursor Size and Colour On Mac
If you want to change the way your mouse cursor looks on Mac, then you need to follow these steps. You can also change the size of your Mouse cursor if you want to use the below-mentioned steps.
- Once again, Open up the System preferences option.
- Proceed to Accessibility and click on the “Mouse” option.
- Select the mouse option located in the top right corner of the window.
- At the bottom of the window, you will find the “Cursor Size” slider.
- Increase or decrease the slider to change the size of the Mouse cursor.
- From the same window, you can also change the contrast or transparency of the mouse cursor.
Now close the window for the changes to be saved. You can also revert back to the default cursor settings if you’re not satisfied with the contrast of the cursor.
Check out: How to Free Up Disk Space On Mac Hard drive
Apart from the size, color, and tracking speed, you can also change the animation of your mouse cursor on Mac. But, it requires third-party installations to do so. Hopefully, the steps and information mentioned in the article will help you in customizing the mouse cursor on your Mac.
In case if you are facing any issue or have doubts in the process, let us know in the comment section below.